Bella Hadid’s Sandwich – First, there was the TikTok viral pasta, and now she has done it again! We are making the viral Bella Hadid sandwich recipe that combines basil aioli, balsamic vinaigrette, turkey, salami, and all the fixings.
In September, Bella and her friend went on a picnic and sent the internet into a frenzy. People wanted to know what was in the sandwich. She posted a second video in early October 2022 as a follow-up, and that’s what we are making today.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Bread: Any sandwich bread will do; we used French bread because that’s what we had on hand. You can also use a soft baguette or hoagie rolls.
- Basil Aioli: Her aioli comes together quickly with basil, mayonnaise, garlic, mustard, and lemon juice; this might be my favorite part!
- Balsamic Vinaigrette: Make a quick vinaigrette using olive oil, balsamic glaze, salt, oregano, red pepper flakes, pepper, and dried basil.
- Protein: Thinly sliced deli turkey and salami make up the bulk of the sandwich.
- Cheese: In one video, Hadid made the sandwich with brie, and in another, she did it with provolone- so it’s safe to say there is room for experimentation.
- Toppings: Diced red onions, thinly sliced iceberg lettuce, pepperoncinis, and fresh tomatoes finish the sandwich.
HOW TO MAKE BELLA HADID’S SANDWICH RECIPE
Add mayonnaise, fresh basil, garlic, mustard, salt, and lemon juice to a small bowl. Stir and refrigerate.
Combine the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and set it aside.
Layer the pepperoncinis onto the bread and gently press them in.
Combine ⅔ of the vinaigrette with the lettuce and onions and layer them onto the pepperoncinis.
Generously spread the basil aioli onto the other side of the bread.
Then, add sliced turkey and salami.
Add the cheese and sliced tomatoes, and finish with more dressing and a sprinkle of salt.
SEARCHING FOR MORE LIKE THIS?
If you love this recipe, try one of these Tik-Tok favorites!
WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVERS
- FRIDGE – If you somehow happen to have leftovers, I recommend storing them in an airtight container or bag; it will keep for 1-2 days.
YOU SHOULD ALSO TRY:
Bella Hadid’s Sandwich Recipe
- 2 Small Bowls
For the Basil Aioli:
- ¼ cup mayonaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 sprinkle salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, coarse ground
- ¼ teaspoon basil, dried
For the Sandwich:
- 1 French bread, cut in half
- ½ can pepperoncinis, sliced
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- ⅓ head iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- ½ tomato, thinly sliced
- turkey, slices
- Add mayonnaise, fresh basil, garlic, mustard, salt, and lemon juice to a small bowl. Stir and refrigerate.
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and set it aside.
- Layer the pepperoncinis onto the bread and gently press them in.
- Combine ⅔ of the vinaigrette with the lettuce and onions and layer them onto the pepperoncinis.
- Generously spread the basil aioli onto the other side of the bread. Then, add sliced turkey and salami.
- Add the cheese and sliced tomatoes, and finish with more dressing and a sprinkle of salt.
- The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for professional advice.