Make the viral Bella Hadid sandwich recipe that had all of TikTok in a frenzy. The Italian-inspired sandwich combines creamy basil aioli, tangy balsamic vinaigrette, thinly sliced turkey, salami, and all the fixings – a perfect meal for lunch or dinner. For a similar recipe, try my grinder salad!
What Reader’s are Saying
Amazing, every time I make it. Goodbye Jimmy Johns, this recipe is great whenever I have a sammy craving.Emily
What is the Bella Hadid Sandwich Recipe?
In September 2022, Bella and her friend went on a picnic and sent the internet into a frenzy. People wanted to know what was in the sandwich. She posted a second video in early October as a follow-up, and that’s what we are making today.
What You Need to Make this Recipe
- Bread: Use whatever sandwich bread you have on hand. I’ve used French bread, soft baguettes, and hoagies with good results.
- Basil Aioli: This is my favorite part of the sandwich. The creamy basil aioli is crafted from fresh basil, mayonnaise, garlic, mustard, and lemon juice.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette: Make a quick vinaigrette using olive oil, balsamic glaze (not balsamic vinegar), salt, oregano, red pepper flakes, pepper, and dried basil.
- Protein: Fill the sandwich with thinly sliced deli turkey and salami slices.
- Cheese: In one video, Hadid made the sandwich with brie, and in another, she did it with provolone- so it’s safe to say there is room for experimentation.
- Toppings: Diced red onions, thinly sliced iceberg lettuce, pepperoncinis, and fresh tomatoes finish the sandwich.
How to Make the Bella Hadid Sandwich Recipe
The full recipe with measurements is in the recipe card below.
Step 1: Add mayonnaise, fresh basil, garlic, mustard, salt, and lemon juice to a small bowl. Stir and refrigerate.
Step 2: Combine the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and set it aside.
Step 3: Layer the pepperoncinis onto the bread and gently press them in.
Step 4: Combine ⅔ of the vinaigrette with the lettuce and onions and layer them onto the pepperoncinis.
Step 5: Generously spread the basil aioli onto the other side of the bread.
Step 6: Then, add sliced turkey and salami.
Step 7: Add the cheese and sliced tomatoes, and finish with more dressing and a sprinkle of salt.
What to Do With the Leftovers
- Refrigerate – If you somehow happen to have leftovers, I recommend storing them in an airtight container or bag. The sandwich will keep for 1-2 days.
MORE SANDWICH RECIPES
Bella Hadid Sandwich Recipe
- 2 Small Bowls
- ¼ cup mayonaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 sprinkle salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, coarse ground
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 French bread, cut in half
- ½ can pepperoncinis, sliced
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- ⅓ head iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- ½ tomato, thinly sliced
- turkey, slices
- Add mayonnaise, fresh basil, garlic, mustard, salt, and lemon juice to a small bowl. Stir and refrigerate.
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and set it aside.
- Layer the pepperoncinis onto the bread and gently press them in.
- Combine ⅔ of the vinaigrette with the lettuce and onions and layer them onto the pepperoncinis.
- Generously spread the basil aioli onto the other side of the bread. Then, add sliced turkey and salami.
- Add the cheese and sliced tomatoes, and finish with more dressing and a sprinkle of salt.
- The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for professional advice.