Eating vegetables is effortless with our chopped salad recipe. The base for the salad is cabbage, kale, carrots, and radishes, but get creative and change it up with vegetables like celery, leeks, and bell peppers.
For the Base of the Salad:
- 1 green or purple cabbage, finely chopped
- 1-2 bunches kale, stem removed, and finely chopped
- 1 package red radishes, finely chopped
- 5 carrots, peeled, and finely chopped
- Finely chop the cabbage, kale, radishes, and carrots.
- Add each one to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
Check out our web story for this chopped salad recipe!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Cabbage: I alternate using green and purple cabbage.
- Kale: Be sure to remove the stems before chopping the kale.
- Radishes: Peppery radishes add color and flavor.
- Carrots: Carrots provide the perfect crunch for the salad.
HOW TO MAKE OUR CHOPPED SALAD RECIPE
Finely chop the cabbage, kale, radishes, and carrots.
Add each one to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
Did you love our chopped salad recipe?
Pair it with one of these favorites from the Jamil Ghar.
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR CHOPPED SALAD
What’s your favorite dressing for this salad?
What vegetables can I add to the chopped salad?
- Romaine lettuce
- Broccoli Sprouts
- Red Onion
- Brussel Sprouts
- Snap Peas
- Alfalfa Sprouts
- Bell Peppers
How can I garnish the salad?
Top our salad with toasted almonds, cherry tomatoes, crumbled seaweed, pumpkin seeds, or pickled onions.
What does chopped salad mean?
A chopped salad consists of ingredients that have been uniformly chopped and tossed together.