Deviled Eggs – Our Classic Deviled Eggs Recipe is a perfect Appetizer for gatherings and get-togethers- birthdays, barbecues, or picnics.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Eggs: Use large eggs if possible.
- Mustard: The combination of mustard is my favorite. I prefer the tanginess of dijon and the color and simplicity of regular mustard.
- Mayonnaise: I live in North Carolina, so Duke’s Mayo is the only option (if you know, you know)!
- Pickle Brine: Pickles are serious business in our home, and so is the brine they pickle in. Find the best pickles in the deli section of grocery stores, and if you want that good-good, use brine from Grillo’s Pickles.
- Smoked Paprika: Paprika flavors and adds and a nice smoky finish to the deviled eggs.
VARIATIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- Pickled Onions
- Jalapeños, Serranos
- Pickled Shallots
- Replace paprika with Blackening Seasoning for a bit of a twist.
- Avocado: Use it as a topping or blend it with the egg mixture; this would be a fun way to make “Green Eggs and Ham” with little ones.
HOW TO MAKE OUR CLASSIC DEVILED EGGS RECIPE
The full recipe with measurements is in the recipe card below.
Crack eggshells and carefully peel them under cool running water. Gently dry with paper towels.
Slice the eggs lengthwise, removing the yolks into a bowl; place the eggs whites on a serving platter.
Mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork or blend with a food processor, blender, or immersion blender; next, add the mayonnaise, mustard, pickle brine, paprika, and salt. Mix well.
Evenly disperse the yolk mixture into the egg whites.
SEARCHING FOR MORE LIKE THIS?
If you love this recipe, try one of these tasty Appetizers!
It’s like learning How to Cook a Soft Boiled Egg and using them to elevate meals like Korean Low Carb Ramen and Vegetarian Kimchi Jjigae– deviled eggs are the perfect addition to so many meals.
- BLT Sandwiches
- Vegetable Chopped Salad, Pasta Salad, Avocado Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Beef Brisket
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers, Hamburgers
- BBQ Meatballs
- Baked Ham
- Tandoori Turkey
- Healthy Potato Salad Recipe, Southern Potato Salad
- Homemade Coleslaw with Mint and Cilantro, Vinegar Coleslaw
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I store deviled eggs?
You can store them in the fridge for up to 2 days in an airtight container.
YOU SHOULD ALSO TRY:
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Chicken Crust Pizza with BBQ Toppings
- Buffalo Chicken Crust Pizza
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- And more Appetizer favorites!
Classic Deviled Eggs Recipe
- Small Bowl
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 ½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon pickle brine
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, plus more to garnish
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dill, dried, to garnish
- Crack eggshells and carefully peel them under cool running water. Gently dry with paper towels.
- Slice the eggs lengthwise, removing the yolks into a bowl; place the eggs whites on a serving platter.
- Mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork or blend with a food processor, blender, or immersion blender; next, add the mayonnaise, mustard, pickle brine, paprika, and salt. Mix well.
- Evenly disperse the yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for professional advice