Healthy Coke with balsamic vinegar and sparkling water is the breakout drink of the summer, at least for now- and it has a lot of people talking. With so many users raving about it on TikTok, this longtime Diet Coke fan had to test it out.
In a viral video, viewed over 6 million times, user Amanda Jones (@mandyvjones) shared a recipe for “Healthy Coke.” Jones attributes this healthy alternative to Coke to her pilates instructor, who drinks this almost every day; it combines a “splash” of balsamic vinegar and a can of sparkling beverage that she says “tastes just like Coke.”
While I wouldn’t say I agree with her claims after trying it, I like the drink for what it is. Similar to apple cider vinegar beverages or kombucha, this drink has a tartness I enjoy. Still, I didn’t see it replacing my Diet Coke anytime soon; it still needed something. While it could be okay once in a while, balsamic vinegar in large quantities is supposed to be horrible for the enamel on your teeth.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Balsamic Vinegar: I use Colavita balsamic vinegar, the same one Jones uses in her video, just to keep it consistent.
- Sparkling Water: The TikTok creator tells viewers to use any flavor of sparkling water; I use berry-flavored La Croix, while in the video, she uses guava. I also experimented with other brands and flavors, but ultimately landed on the berry La Croix.
- Caramel Drops: I use 2 drops of liquid Monkfruit, but you can use more or less than that. This one ingredient is a game-changer and provides the sweetness the drink was lacking overall.
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY COKE
FILL– Fill a drinking glass with ice.
ADD – Add 1 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
SERVE – Top the glass off with a can of sparkling water. Then, finish the drink with 1-2 drops of liquid Monk fruit, and enjoy!
SEARCHING FOR MORE LIKE THIS?
If you love this recipe, we hope you will try one of these low-carb meals!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Absolutely! Jones asserts in her initial video that you can use any sparkling beverage. I tried her concoction with various brands, seltzers, sparkling waters, and flavor combinations. La Croix Berry had the best outcome overall.
It tastes nothing like Coke to me, but I am a die-hard diet coke fan so it was going to be a tough sell. That being said, if you find kombucha or tart-flavored drinks refreshing, then you may want to give this a try. I am still not giving up Coke, but adding the liquid caramel Monk fruit sweetener helped the drink a ton!
I did the experimenting for you and settled on using liquid Monk fruit. I does the trick of sweetening the drink to make it taste more like pop.
YOU SHOULD ALSO TRY:
I Tried TikTok’s Healthy Coke and Added an Ingredient
- Drinking Glass
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 can sparking water
- 1-2 drops liquid Monk Fruit, caramel
- Fill a drinking glass with ice.
- Add 1 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
- Top the glass off with a can of sparkling water. Then, finish the drink with 1-2 drops of liquid Monk fruit, and enjoy!
- Web Story: Check out our web story for healthy coke!
- Nutrition Disclosure: The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for professional advice.