Healthy Coke with Balsamic Vinegar – I tried TikTok’s healthy coke with balsamic vinegar and added an ingredient. Healthy coke with sparkling water is the breakout drink of the summer, at least for now- and it has people talking. With so many users raving about it on TikTok, this longtime Diet Coke fan had to test it out.
TikTok has been food obsessed before, and they didn’t steer me wrong with baked feta, Emily Mariko’s version of the salmon bowl, or the Bella Hadid’s Sandwich Recipe so I figured I would give the drink a shot.
WHAT IS HEALTHY COKE ON TIKTOK?
In a viral video, viewed over 6 million times, user Amanda Jones (@mandyvjones) shared a recipe for “Healthy Coke.” Jones attributes this healthy alternative to Coke to her pilates instructor, who drinks it almost every day; it combines a “splash” of balsamic vinegar and a can of sparkling beverage that she says “tastes just like Coke.”
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THE RECIPE
- Balsamic Vinegar: I use Colavita balsamic vinegar, the same one Jones uses in her video.
- Sparkling Water: The TikTok creator tells viewers to use any flavor of sparkling water; I use berry-flavored La Croix, while in the video, she uses guava. I also experimented with other brands and flavors but ultimately landed on the berry-flavored La Croix.
- Caramel Drops: While I tried the original recipe, I felt it lacked flavor. Two drops of liquid Monkfruit did the trick for me and provided needed sweetness.
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY COKE
The full recipe with measurements is in the recipe card below.
Fill a drinking glass with ice.
Add 1 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
Top the glass with a can of sparkling water. Then, finish the drink with 1-2 drops of liquid Monk fruit. Stir, and enjoy!
SEARCHING FOR MORE LIKE THIS?
If you love this recipe, try one of these Low Carb favorites!
OTHER HEALTHY ALTERNATIVES TO COKE
- Olipop Vintage Coke
- Sparkling Water
- Mineral Water
- Health-Aide Pop
- Unsweetened Iced Tea
- Zevia Cola
- Fruit and Herb-Infused Water
- Yerba Mate
- Coconut Water
- Hint Flavored Water
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Does balsamic vinegar and sparkling water actually taste like coke?
It tastes nothing like Coke to me, but I am a die-hard diet coke fan, so I knew it was going to be a tough sell. That said, if you find kombucha or tart-flavored drinks refreshing, you may want to give this a try. I’m not giving up Diet Coke any time soon, but adding liquid caramel Monk fruit sweetener helped the drink a ton!
Is healthy coke actually healthy?
While it could be a substitute for sugary carbonated beverages, this is not something you want to drink every day. Research suggests drinking beverages with carbonation and vinegar can negatively impact tooth enamel.
Can you use other flavors of sparkling beverages?
Absolutely! Jones asserts in her initial video that you can use any sparkling beverage. I tried her concoction with various brands, seltzers, sparkling waters, and flavor combinations. La Croix Berry had the best outcome overall.
Can I sweeten the drink to make it less tart?
I did the experimenting for you and settled on using liquid caramel-flavored Monk fruit. It does the trick of sweetening the drink to make it taste more like pop.
Other TikTok creators have chimed in and suggested experimenting with different flavors of balsamic vinegar- berry, fig, and pomegranate seem to be popular choices.
YOU SHOULD ALSO TRY:
- Salmon Sushi Bake Recipe
- Cinnamon Rolls with Heavy Cream
- Bella Hadid Sandwich Recipe
- And more of these TikTok favorites!
Healthy Coke with Balsamic Vinegar
- Drinking Glass
- 1 cup ice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 can sparking water
- 1-2 drops Monk Fruit, liquid, caramel
- Fill a drinking glass with ice.
- Add 1 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
- Top the glass with a can of sparkling water. Then, finish the drink with 1-2 drops of liquid Monk fruit. Stir, and enjoy!
- The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for professional advice.
Tuesday 14th of February 2023
I was skeptical at first, but I tried this Healthy Coke with Balsamic Vinegar recipe and I'm hooked! It's the perfect combination of sweet and tangy, and it's so refreshing on a hot day. Plus, it's a healthier alternative to regular soda. I love trying out viral TikTok recipes and this one did not disappoint. Thanks for sharing!
Sunday 16th of October 2022
My new favorite healthy drink. Thank you for posting this. I like it better than pepsi.
Wednesday 29th of June 2022
Definitely not coke, but it's kind of refreshing.
Wednesday 29th of June 2022
That's what I thought too!