Homemade Salad Dressing – With ingredients like olive oil, red wine vinegar, red miso paste, garlic, and nutritional yeast, this everyday Homemade Salad Dressing is flavorful and umami-rich; you’ll want to put it on everything! I keep a jar on hand for quick salads- perfect for meal prep!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Olive Oil: The base for the salad dressing is olive oil.
- Red Wine Vinegar: Add vibrant flavor to the base by adding red wine vinegar.
- Lemons: Use the juice from two fresh lemons for a bit of acidity.
- Red Miso Paste: Fermented soybeans or red miso paste adds a savory richness.
- Garlic: I suggest using three cloves, but don’t let my recipe tell you how much garlic to use – go for it.
- Spices: I season the dressing with oregano, salt, and black pepper to keep it simple- yet flavorful.
- Nutritional Yeast: Nutritional yeast is an inactive yeast made from molasses. And because it’s a complete protein, it leaves you feeling full for much longer, making it a perfect ingredient for an everyday salad dressing.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE SALAD DRESSING
The full recipe with measurements is in the recipe card below.
Add the remaining ingredients and cover with the lid. Shake to combine and enjoy!
SEARCHING FOR MORE LIKE THIS?
If you love this recipe, serve it with one of these Salad favorites!
WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVERS
- Refrigerate – Store leftover dressing in the container it’s made in; it keeps for one week.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where can I find nutritional yeast?
You can find nutritional yeast, or “nooch” as it’s often referred to, in health food stores, but it’s often available in mainstream grocery stores; I’ve even seen it at Walmart.
What are the three most important elements of a salad dressing?
Every good salad has three main components- oil, acid, and something sweet or rich to bring it all together. I use olive oil as the base and rely on lemon juice and red wine vinegar for acidity. Nutritional yeast and miso provide richness that completes the homemade salad dressing, whereas the remaining ingredients add flavor and depth.
YOU SHOULD ALSO TRY:
- Serrano Crema
- Sherry Shallot Dressing
- And more of our favorite sauces and dressings!
⭐️ Rate the Recipe
Feedback is Valuable – It helps us improve and update our recipes, so we can provide delicious meals you love. Consider leaving a comment or rating below the recipe card, and feel free to share your adaptations or ask any questions. We cannot wait to hear about what you’ve made.
Homemade Salad Dressing
- Airtight Container
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tablespoons red miso paste
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, coarse ground
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- Add the remaining ingredients and cover with the lid. Shake to combine and enjoy!
- The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for professional advice.