How to Cut a Mango – Mangos are delicious, but they can be difficult to eat if you don’t know how to prepare them; learn How to Cut a Mango using this tried-and-true technique.
HOW TO CUT A MANGO
Use a sharp knife to cut the end off of the mango to make slicing easy and safe.
Mangos have an oblong pit, so begin by holding the mango upright on the tallest side. Using a paring knife, cut along the side of the pit.
Repeat with the other side.
Score vertical and horizontal lines into the mango.
Then, push on the inside of the mango to pop it out and make a mango flower.
Run a paring knife along the mango to remove the cubes.
Alternatively, you can leave the mango with the cuts and dig the cubes out with a spoon.
SEARCHING FOR MORE LIKE THIS?
If you love this how-to, try one of these mango favorites!
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT MANGO
Ripe, not overly ripe, mangos work best, and here’s how to find them!
- LOOK – Color is more of an indicator of the type of mango and has less to do with ripeness. Instead, look for a more rounded shape.
- TOUCH – The outside of the mango should feel soft but not mushy.
- SMELL – A ripe mango will have a fruity aroma near the stem.
If you don’t have access to ripe mangos, leave unripened mangos on the countertop at room temperature; they will take a few days to ripen.
MORE HOW TO ARTICLES:
- How to Heat Corn Tortillas
- How to Cook Asparagus
- How to Cook Scrambled Eggs
- How Long to Cook Sweet Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- And more Kitchen Tips!
⭐️ Rate the Recipe
Feedback is Valuable – It helps us improve and update our recipes, so we can provide delicious meals you love. Consider leaving a comment or rating below the recipe card, and feel free to share your adaptations or ask any questions. We cannot wait to hear about what you’ve made.
How to Cut a Mango
- 1 Mango, ripe
- Cut the end off of the mango to make slicing easy and safe.
- Mangos have an oblong pit, so begin by holding the mango upright on the tallest side. Using a paring knife, cut along the side of the pit. Then, repeat with the other side.
- Cut vertical and horizontal lines into the mango, and push on the peel to expose the cubes. Run the paring knife along the mango to remove the cubes. Alternatively, you can leave the mango with the cuts and dig the cubes out with a spoon.
- The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for professional advice.