Oreo Dip – Calling all Oreo lovers! Oreo Dip is a delicious and easy-to-make cold dessert that’s perfect for parties and entertaining; made with just a few ingredients, including cream cheese, powdered sugar, Cool Whip, and crushed Oreo cookies, this no-bake dessert is a crowd-pleaser. Happy dipping!
WHAT IS OREO DIP?
Who doesn’t enjoy dipping Oreos in milk? I mean, it’s basically an American pastime! What if I told you this dessert is Oreos and milk in dip form? Consider our Oreo Dip, a creamy, chocolaty, and tangy version of Oreo cookies and milk.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Cream Cheese: Cream cheese provides a rich texture and tangy flavor. If you prefer a lighter option, Greek yogurt is a great choice.
- Powdered Sugar: Sweeten Oreo dip with powdered sugar.
- Vanilla Extract: Add extra flavor with vanilla extract.
- Cool Whip: Cool Whip contributes to the dip’s light texture.
- Oreo Cookies: Crushed Oreos flavor and garnish the dip.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND VARIATIONS
- Customize the recipe by incorporating chocolate chips or nut butter to give it a unique flavor.
- Change up the flavor by using Golden Oreos, Mint Oreos, or Peanut Butter Oreos.
HOW TO MAKE OREO DIP
The full recipe with measurements is in the recipe card below.
Add cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl.
Use a hand mixer to process until smooth.
Fold in the cool whip and Oreos, reserving some of the crushed cookies for garnish.
Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl and top it with crushed Oreos.
- For best results, use cream cheese softened at room temperature since cold cream cheese is difficult to blend.
- Don’t over-crush the Oreos into a powder; the dip is better with chunky bits of Oreos to enhance the overall texture and flavor.
SEARCHING FOR MORE LIKE THIS?
If you love this recipe, try one of these Dessert favorites!
The serving options for this dessert are endless, so get creative with how you choose to enjoy the delicious treat.
- Pretzels, Teddy Grahams, Graham Crackers, Oreos, Biscoff Cookies, Nilla Wafers
- Apples, Strawberries, Banana Slices
WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVERS
- Refrigerate – Store the leftover Oreo Dip in an airtight container; it will keep for 3-4 days.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What’s the best way to crush Oreo’s?
One of the best ways to crush Oreos is to put them in a resealable plastic bag and break them down using a rolling pin or a heavy object such as a meat mallet or a frying pan. Another option is to use a food processor or blender. You can also place the Oreos in a bowl and use the back of a spoon to crush them into small pieces. Whatever method you choose, it’s best to stop before turning them into a fine powder, as you want some texture and crunch in the Oreo Dip.
Do you leave the filling in the cookies?
Yep! Leave the cookies as is and break them up with the cream before adding them to the dip.
Can I make this recipe in advance?
You sure can. The dip will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge. However, if you plan to prepare the recipe ahead of time, I recommend making the dip but leaving the Oreos out until you’re ready to serve since they will soften over time.
MORE OREO RECIPES:
⭐️ Rate the Recipe
Feedback is Valuable – It helps us improve and update our recipes, so we can provide delicious meals you love. Consider leaving a comment or rating below the recipe card, and feel free to share your adaptations or ask any questions. We cannot wait to hear about what you’ve made.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups cool whip, room temperature
- 1 dozen Double Stuffed Oreos, crushed