Overnight Oats With Coconut Milk – Overnight Oats with Coconut Milk are a nutritious and convenient breakfast option. The rolled oats soak up the creamy coconut milk, resulting in a flavorful and filling breakfast that’s ready for you in the morning; customize the oats with a variety of toppings like fruit, nuts, seeds, and sweeteners for a delicious and satisfying start to your day.
BENEFITS OF COCONUT MILK
Coconut milk comes from the flesh of mature brown coconuts, and they are a tasty non-dairy alternative (especially in overnight oats). Coconut milk is also a source of healthy fat and helps reduce inflammation and fight viruses and bacteria.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Oatmeal: Old-fashioned oats produce the best results, whereas steel-cut oats wind up chewy since they don’t absorb the liquid properly, and quick oats turn out mushy.
- Chia Seeds: In addition to texture, chia seeds provide protein, fiber, and healthy fat.
- Coconut Flakes: Boost coconut flavor by adding coconut flakes.
- Coconut Milk: You can use coconut milk, water, or another milk, like oat, soy, or almond milk.
- Sweetener: Sweeten the overnight oats with coconut milk using vanilla extract and maple syrup, honey, or brown sugar.
- Toppings: The toppings are optional, but I enjoy adding more coconut flakes and a drizzle of honey.
HOW TO MAKE OVERNIGHT OATS WITH COCONUT MILK
The full recipe with measurements is in the recipe card below.
Divide oats into two containers and top them with chia seeds and coconut flakes
Pour coconut milk, vanilla extract, and honey over the oats; stir to combine. Then, cover and refrigerate overnight.
SEARCHING FOR MORE LIKE THIS?
If you love this recipe, try one of these Breakfast favorites!
The best thing about Overnight Oats with Coconut Milk is flexibility. All you need is oats, coconut milk, and toppings or mix-ins. Here are a few suggestions we love.
- Chocolate Chips, Cocoa Nibs, Cocoa Powder
- Chocolate or Vanilla Protein Powder
- Walnuts, Pecans, Almonds
- Agave, Maple Syrup, Monk Fruit, Fig Jam Recipe
- Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese
- Almond Butter, Sunflower Seed Butter, Peanut Butter, Nutella, Cookie Butter
HOW LONG DO OVERNIGHT OATS LAST?
- Refrigerate – Most overnight oat recipes keep for three days in the refrigerator. If the oats seem dry after sitting in the fridge, add another splash of almond milk.
YOU SHOULD ALSO TRY:
⭐️ Rate the Recipe
Feedback is Valuable – It helps us improve and update our recipes, so we can provide delicious meals you love. Consider leaving a comment or rating below the recipe card, and feel free to share your adaptations or ask any questions. We cannot wait to hear about what you’ve made.
Overnight Oats With Coconut Milk
- 2 Airtight Container
- ⅔ cup rolled oats gluten-free, divided
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds divided
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes unsweetened, divided
- ⅔ cup coconut milk divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- Divide oats into two containers and top them with chia seeds and coconut flakes
- Pour coconut milk, vanilla extract, and honey over the oats; stir to combine. Then, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for professional advice.