Shirley Temple Drink – Indulge in the nostalgia of a classic Shirley Temple drink; with a few simple ingredients, this non-alcoholic beverage is perfect for entertaining kids and adults alike. Whether you’re hosting a party or just looking for a delicious non-alcoholic beverage to enjoy on a hot day, Shirley Temple’s are the way to go – and while you’re at it, try one of these mocktail recipes!
SO WHAT’S IN A SHIRLEY TEMPLE DRINK?
- Ginger Ale: I use ginger ale to make our Shirley Temple drink. However, you can also use ginger beer, Sprite, 7-Up, or other lemon-lime sodas. Some recipes even use a combination of ginger ale and Sprite or 7-Up.
- Grenadine: Sweet grenadine adds the signature color and flavor to our Shirley Temple recipe. Purchase a store-bought grenadine or follow this recipe for grenadine (pomegranate simple syrup) and make your own!
- Maraschino Cherries: Garnish the drink with a few maraschino cherries.
HOW TO MAKE A SHIRLEY TEMPLE DRINK
The full recipe with measurements is in the recipe card below.
Fill a drinking glass with ice.
Add grenadine and top it with ginger ale.
Garnish with maraschino cherries to serve.
SEARCHING FOR MORE LIKE THIS?
If you love this recipe, try one of these appetizer favorites.
- Maraschino Cherries
- Lime Wheels
- Fresh Mint
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is in a Shirley Temple drink?
You need three simple ingredients to make this drink: ginger ale, grenadine, and maraschino cherries. Modern versions of the drink also incorporate lemonade or lemon-lime sodas like Sprite or 7-Up in place of ginger ale.
Why is it called a Shirley Temple cocktail?
The famous actress Shirley Temple attended many parties as a child. Rumor has it that because of her age, a bartender created a mocktail just for her using ingredients found behind the bar.
What does a Shirley Temple taste like?
A Shirley Temple is a refreshing drink with a hint of ginger from the ginger ale, complemented by the fruity notes of cherry and pomegranate from the grenadine syrup. The cherry garnish rounds out the drink perfectly.
How can I serve this drink to a crowd?
Shirley Temple punch is just the thing for any party or get-together you’re throwing; this recipe yields about 15-20 cups.
1. Fill a punch bowl with ice, about 6 cups.
2. Add a 12-ounce bottle of grenadine and top it with two 2-liter bottles of ginger ale. Gently stir to combine.
3. Garnish with maraschino cherries to serve.
MORE DRINK RECIPES:
⭐️ Rate the Recipe
Feedback is Valuable – It helps us improve and update our recipes, so we can provide delicious meals you love. Consider leaving a comment or rating below the recipe card, and feel free to share your adaptations or ask any questions. We cannot wait to hear about what you’ve made.
Shirley Temple Drink
- Drinking Glass
- 8 ounces ginger ale
- 2 tablespoons Grenadine
- 1 cup ice
- maraschino cherries, to garnish
- Fill a drinking glass with ice.
- Add grenadine and top it with ginger ale, then give it a little stir.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries to serve.
- The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for professional advice.