Known for its beautiful red color- the classic Shirley Temple drink is simple, delicious and enjoyed by children and adults alike.
The famous actress Shirley Temple attended many parties as a child. Rumor has it that because of her age, a bartender created a mocktail just for her using ingredients found behind the bar.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Ginger Ale: I use ginger ale to make our Shirley Temple drink, however you can also use ginger beer, Sprite, 7-Up. Others enjoy a combination of ginger ale and, Sprite or 7-Up.
- Grenadine: Sweet, tart, and fruity, grenadine adds color and flavor to the Shirley Temple drink. Purchase a store-bought version, or you can follow this recipe: Grenadine (Pomegranate Simple Syrup) to make your own!
- Maraschino Cherries: Garnish your beverage with a few maraschino cherries.
HOW TO MAKE A SHIRLEY TEMPLE DRINK
Fill a drinking glass with ice.
Add grenadine and top it with ginger ale.
Garnish with maraschino cherries to serve.
SEARCHING FOR MORE LIKE THIS?
If you love this recipe, we hope you will try one of these party-favorite appetizers.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You need three simple ingredients to make this drink: ginger ale, grenadine, and maraschino cherries. Modern versions of the drink also incorporate lemonade or lemon-lime sodas like Sprite or 7-Up in place of ginger ale.
How can I garnish the beverage?
• Maraschino Cherries are a given.
• Lime Wedges
• Fresh Mint
Shirley Temple Punch is just the thing for any party you’re throwing! This recipe yields about 15-20 cups.
1. Fill a punch bowl with ice, about 6 cups.
2. Add a 12-ounce bottle of grenadine and top it with two 2-liter bottles of ginger ale. Gently stir to combine.
3. Garnish with maraschino cherries to serve.
YOU SHOULD ALSO TRY:
- Harry Potter Butterbeer Recipe
- Mango Lassi
- I Tried Healthy Coke with Balsamic Vinegar and Sparkling Water
Shirley Temple Drink
- Drinking Glass
- 8 ounces ginger ale
- 2 tablespoons Grenadine
- 1 cup ice
- maraschino cherries, to garnish
- Fill a drinking glass with ice.
- Add grenadine and top it with ginger ale, then give it a little stir.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries to serve.
- Web Story: Check out our web story for our Shirley Temple drink!