WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Cabbage: I alternate using green and purple cabbage, and buy whatever is on sale.
- Kale: Remove the stems before chopping the kale or buy a bag of pre-cut kale and finely chop that.
- Radishes: Peppery radishes add color and flavor.
- Carrots: Carrots add the perfect crunch.
ADDITIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe is a base, but I would love to see how you get creative and eat whatever vegetables you have available to you. Here are some suggestions for how you can change the salad up a bit.
- Romaine lettuce, Watercress, Broccoli Sprouts, Alfalfa Sprouts
- Red Onion, Leeks, Scallions
- Cilantro, Parsley
- Brussel Sprouts, Snap Peas, Celery, Cucumber, Bell Peppers
HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE CHOPPED SALAD
The full recipe with measurements is in the recipe card below.
Finely chop the cabbage, kale, radishes, and carrots.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What does chopped salad mean?
A chopped salad consists of ingredients that have been uniformly chopped and tossed together.
Vegetable Chopped Salad
- 1 green or purple cabbage, finely chopped
- 1-2 bunches kale, stem removed, and finely chopped
- 1 package red radishes, finely chopped
- 5 carrots, peeled, and finely chopped
- Finely chop the cabbage, kale, radishes, and carrots.
- The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for professional advice.