Vegetable Chopped Salad – Eating vegetables is effortless with this vegetable chopped salad recipe; finely chopped cabbage, kale, carrots, and radishes are the base for our salad, but get creative, and enjoy!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Cabbage: I alternate using green and purple cabbage, and buy whatever is on sale.
- Kale: Remove the stems before chopping the kale or buy a bag of pre-cut kale and finely chop that.
- Radishes: Peppery radishes add color and flavor.
- Carrots: Carrots add the perfect crunch.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND VARIATIONS
This recipe is a base, but I would love to see how you get creative and eat whatever vegetables you have available to you. Here are some suggestions for how you can change the salad up a bit.
- Romaine lettuce
- Broccoli Sprouts
- Red Onion
- Brussel Sprouts
- Snap Peas
- Alfalfa Sprouts
- Bell Peppers
HOW TO MAKE OUR CHOPPED SALAD
Finely chop the cabbage, kale, radishes, and carrots.
SEARCHING FOR MORE LIKE THIS?
If you love this recipe, pair the salad with one of these tasty meals!
- Toasted Almonds
- Homemade Salad Dressing
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Skhug Sauce
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Crumbled Dry Seaweed
- Serrano Crema + Olive Oil
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Pistacho Pesto Recipe
- Pickled Onions
- Sherry Shallot Dressing
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What does chopped salad mean?
A chopped salad consists of ingredients that have been uniformly chopped and tossed together.
YOU SHOULD ALSO TRY:
- Fall Kale Salad
- Chickpea Salad
- Healthy Potato Salad
- Avocado Cucumber Tomato Salad
- And more of our favorite Salad recipes!
Vegetable Chopped Salad
For the Base of the Salad:
- 1 green or purple cabbage, finely chopped
- 1-2 bunches kale, stem removed, and finely chopped
- 1 package red radishes, finely chopped
- 5 carrots, peeled, and finely chopped
- Finely chop the cabbage, kale, radishes, and carrots.
- The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for professional advice.