Smores Pie – Made with only four ingredients, our easy Smores Pie is the best way to enjoy the gooey goodness of the tasty treat all year round, no campfire needed! Use up the last of summer’s s’more ingredients or indulge in the sweet treat when you don’t have access to a fire pit. It may be messy, but it’s oh-so-good!
WHAT IS SMORES PIE?
Enjoy the familiar flavors of the classic summertime dessert in pie form. You will want to sink your teeth into the deliciously easy S’mores Pie that features a buttery graham cracker crust, creamy chocolate filling, and a fluffy marshmallow topping.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Graham Crackers: Prepare a graham cracker crust from scratch by processing the crackers into crumbs and baking them with melted butter; this is a great way to use those end-of-summer crackers in the back of your pantry. Cut the prep time in half by purchasing a store-bought graham cracker crust.
- Chocolate: Use whatever chocolate you prefer; we make it with Hershey’s because it’s a classic, but we’ve also tried Reese’s and chocolate chips with great results.
- Marshmallows: Use what you have in your pantry, but I love how the Smores Pie comes out using the large marshmallows made for s’mores.
HOW TO MAKE OUR EASY SMORES PIE
The full recipe with measurements is in the recipe card below.
Preheat the oven to 325° F (162° C). Then, grind the graham crackers in a food processor until fine, and add the melted butter; stir to combine.
Press the mixture into a prepared pie plate using the back of a measuring cup or spoon and bake for 10 minutes.
Allow the crust to cool, and line Hersey’s bars onto the pie crust in 1-2 layers, depending on how chocolatey you want it to be.
Layer the marshmallows over the chocolate. Arrange the oven rack to the lower or middle position. Place the pie in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until the marshmallows are puffed and golden brown.
Drizzle with melted chocolate and top with graham crackers to serve.
- Arrange the oven rack to the lower or middle position to prevent the marshmallows from scorching.
- You may be tempted to broil the pie to speed up the cooking process but don’t. It will catch fire. Unfortunately, I know this from experience. I make the mistakes over here, so you don’t have to.
SEARCHING FOR MORE LIKE THIS?
If you love this recipe, try one of these Dessert favorites!
If you’ve ever bit into a s’more, you know this pie is a delicious stand-alone dessert, but we finish ours with graham cracker crumbs and a chocolate drizzle.
- Chocolate Shavings: Use a vegetable peeler or a grater to shave chocolate on top of the marshmallow layer.
- Fruit: Serve the pie with fresh berries on the side, like strawberries or raspberries, to balance the sweetness and add a pop of color.
WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVERS
- Refrigerate: Cover the Smores Pie and refrigerate for 2-3 days.
- Reheat: Warm the leftovers in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time or cover with foil and warm the pie in the oven at 325° F (162° C) for 5-10 minutes.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why are smores called smores?
S’mores are called “s’mores” because the name is a contraction of the phrase “some more.” The story goes that when people tasted the treat, they often wanted another one and would say, “I want some more.”
Eventually, the name stuck. The first known recorded recipe for s’mores was published in a Girl Scouts handbook in 1927, and since then, it has become a popular campfire treat for people of all ages.
What makes a s’more a s’more?
The traditional way of making s’mores involves roasted gooey marshmallows and milk chocolate layered between two graham crackers but take the dessert indoors with our easy 4-ingredient Smores Pie recipe.
What can I use instead of graham crackers for Smores?
If you’re not a fan of graham crackers or don’t have any, use vanilla wafers, Biscoff cookies, Ritz crackers, or shortbread cookies with delicious results.
MORE DESSERT RECIPES:
⭐️ Rate the Recipe
Feedback is Valuable – It helps us improve and update our recipes, so we can provide delicious meals you love. Consider leaving a comment or rating below the recipe card, and feel free to share your adaptations or ask any questions. We cannot wait to hear about what you’ve made.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs, about 1 sleeve, plus more for garnish
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 4 Hershey's Bar, plus 2 pieces melted for garnish
- ½ bag Marshmallows, large
- Preheat the oven to 325° F (162° C). Then, grind the graham crackers in a food processor until fine, and add the melted butter; stir to combine.
- Press the mixture into a prepared pie plate using the back of a measuring cup or spoon and bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow the crust to cool, and line Hersey’s bars onto the pie crust in 1-2 layers, depending on how chocolatey you want it to be.
- Layer the marshmallows over the chocolate. Arrange the oven rack to the lower or middle position. Place the pie in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until the marshmallows are puffed and golden brown.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and top with graham crackers to serve.
Saturday 25th of February 2023
I made this easy s'mores pie for a family gathering, and it was a hit! The four ingredients come together in minutes, and the pie tasted just like the classic campfire treat. I'll definitely be making this again soon.
Saturday 25th of February 2023
The kids and my husband go absolutely bananas over this easy-to-make pie!