Moist Banana Bread Recipe – Make an easy, moist banana bread recipe loaded with ripened banana, vanilla, brown, and sugar for maximum flavor. Our recipe keeps it simple- no need for a mixer and two loaves are ready and on your table in about one hour.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- All-Purpose Flour: All-purpose flour is a staple in most pantries; for luxury, use cake flour which yields a lighter, fluffier result.
- Sugar: I use a combination of brown and white sugar to flavor the moist banana bread.
- Baking Soda: Adding lift, baking soda makes banana bread light and fluffy.
- Salt: Balance the sweetness with salt.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is optional, but it adds a rich, brown coloring that makes the bread feel warm and cozy.
- Butter: Other banana bread recipes use oil, but I prefer the flavor and texture butter lends to our moist banana bread recipe.
- Bananas: The riper the banana, the richer the flavor will be.
- Eggs & Yogurt: Eggs and milk bind everything together.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract adds a boost flavor.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND VARIATIONS
- Chocolate Chips
- Nuts: Walnuts, Pecans
- Peanut Butter
- Spices: Nutmeg, All Spice
- Maple Syrup
- Cocoa Powder
- Orange Zest
- Lemon Zest
- Dried Fruit: Cranberries, Raisins, Apricots
- Pumpkin Puree
HOW TO MAKE MOIST BANANA BREAD
Add softened butter to a separate bowl, and mash it with a fork. Then, add the bananas and combine until the mixture is smooth.
Add the eggs and milk to the butter and banana mixture, and stir until smooth.
Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Do not over mix. Instead, fold the ingredients using a spatula until fully incorporated.
Cover the bowl and set it aside for 1 hour at room temperature.
Preheat the oven to 350° F (176° C), then pour the mixture into two prepared loaf pans. Bake uncovered for 1 hour. Allow the banana bread to cool before serving.
SEARCHING FOR MORE LIKE THIS?
If you love this recipe, try one of these tasty Dessert favorites!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How ripe should bananas be to make a moist banana bread recipe?
Use bananas that have become a little too soft to snack on. The riper the banana, the richer the bread flavor will become.
What’s the best way to store banana bread?
To keep your banana bread moist, allow it to cool completely and then wrap it in a layer of plastic. Next, store it in a Ziploc bag or a container with a tight-fitting lid. It will last on the counter for up to 3 days.
Can I freeze banana bread?
You sure can. First, allow the banana bread to cool completely and wrap it in plastic wrap, followed by foil. The banana bread will freeze for up to 2 months. When you’re ready to eat, defrost it at room temperature, and enjoy!
Moist Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 Loaf Pans, 9×5
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white sugar, granulated
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3-4 small bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup yogurt, full-fat
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add softened butter to a separate bowl, and mash it with a fork. Then, add the bananas and combine until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the eggs, yogurt, and vanilla extract to the butter and banana mixture. Stir until fully combined.
- Pour the bowl with the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients, careful not to over mix. Instead, fold the ingredients together using a spatula until fully incorporated.
- Cover the bowl and set it aside for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (176° C), then pour the mixture into two prepared loaf pans. Bake uncovered for 1 hour. Allow the banana bread to cool before serving.
- The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for professional advice.
- Check out our web story for our moist banana bread recipe!
Saturday 14th of May 2022
I love this recipe. Always comes out moist with a delicious flavor. I keep going back for more.
Sunday 12th of June 2022
Right? I feel the same way.