Banana Pudding Cups – Layers of creamy vanilla pudding, fresh slices of bananas, and a generous helping of crushed Nilla Wafers create a perfect grab-and-go dessert; prepare homemade Banana Pudding Cups to feed a crowd or as a delicious single-serve treat.
WHAT ARE MINI BANANA PUDDING CUPS?
Mini Banana Pudding Cups are individual-sized servings of banana pudding in a jar or small cup. They are a tasty and convenient way to enjoy the classic dessert. The single-serve cups of Banana Pudding consist of layers of creamy vanilla pudding, crushed Nilla cookies, and bananas.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Vanilla Pudding Mix: Using store-bought Vanilla Pudding mix saves time and effort in the kitchen; the pudding mix contributes to the overall texture of the no-bake dessert and helps bind the ingredients together.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: Thicken and sweeten the dessert with sweetened condensed milk.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: Add heavy cream to the pudding for a homemade custard-like consistency.
- Nilla Wafers: Crisp Nilla Wafers are a classic component of Banana Pudding, but that hasn’t always been the case; before the widespread availability of the cookies in the 1940s, other recipes called for homemade cookies, sponge cake, or ladyfingers. However, the Nilla Wafers provide a perfect crunch between the layers of creamy pudding and sliced bananas.
- Bananas: Select ripe bananas with a vibrant yellow peel and a few brown spots. Bananas begin to brown right away, so avoid using overly ripe bananas.
HOW TO MAKE BANANA PUDDING CUPS
The full recipe with measurements is in the recipe card below.
Whisk Vanilla pudding mix, sweetened condensed milk, and water in a mixing bowl until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Then, stir in the heavy whipping cream.
Layer the vanilla pudding mixture into the bottom of the serving cups,
followed by crushed cookies and bananas.
End each cup with a layer of pudding on top and garnish with whipped cream topping and more crushed cookies.
- Use mini vanilla wafers or break the whole cookies into smaller pieces. Add the cookies to a resealable bag and crush them using a rolling pin; you can also pulse them in a food processor.
- Place the Banana Pudding Cups in the refrigerator for at least an hour or until they are chilled and set (I recommend 2 hours).
SEARCHING FOR MORE LIKE THIS?
If you love this recipe, try one of these Summer favorites!
TOPPINGS FOR BANANA PUDDING CUPS
Finish the Banana Pudding Cups by adding a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkling them with crumbled cookies. You can also try other toppings like chocolate shavings, chocolate chips, toasted coconut flakes, berries, chopped nuts, or caramel sauce.
WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVERS
- Refrigerate – Store Banana Pudding for 1-2 days in the refrigerator.
- Should you freeze banana pudding? Freezing Banana Pudding will alter the taste and texture of the pudding; freezing and thawing cause the pudding to become watery and mushy.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I make Mini Banana Pudding Cups in advance?
Assemble the cups and cover them tightly with plastic wrap or a lid; then, place them in the refrigerator. Before serving, remove the cups from the refrigerator, and add your toppings, such as whipped cream or crushed cookies.
How do you keep the bananas from turning brown?
If you want to keep the bananas looking fresh and prevent browning, assemble the cups just before serving to minimize the exposure to air and prolong freshness.
MORE DESSERT RECIPES:
⭐️ Rate the Recipe
Feedback is Valuable – It helps us improve and update our recipes, so we can provide delicious meals you love. Consider leaving a comment or rating below the recipe card, and feel free to share your adaptations or ask any questions. We cannot wait to hear about what you’ve made.
Banana Pudding Cups
- 4 Serving Cups 6-8-ounce
- 1 box Vanilla Pudding Mix, 3.5-ounce
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 14-ounce
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups Nilla Wafers, crushed
- 2-3 bananas, slightly underripe, cut into thin rounds
- whipped cream, for garnish
- Whisk Vanilla pudding mix, sweetened condensed milk, and water in a mixing bowl until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Then, stir in the heavy whipping cream.1 box Vanilla Pudding Mix,, 1 can sweetened condensed milk,, ½ cup cold water, 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Layer the vanilla pudding mixture into the bottom of the serving cups, followed by crushed cookies and bananas.2 cups Nilla Wafers,, 2-3 bananas,
- End each cup with a layer of pudding on top and garnish with whipped cream topping and more crushed cookies.whipped cream,