Our rainbow vegetable rolls with peanut sauce are a perfect colorful midday snack, appetizer, or light lunch.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Collard Leaves: Use collard green leaves to create a sushi-like wrap for the vegetables.
- Carrots: Add color and crunch by including carrots.
- Celery: For textural variation, I love celery in our vegetable rolls.
- Cabbage: I use purple cabbage for color, but use what you have.
- Sweet Peppers: I prefer the sweetness of sweet peppers along with the other vegetables; bell peppers are a great alternative.
- Peanut Sauce: My recipe for peanut sauce is a combination of natural peanut butter, soy sauce, chili oil, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, ginger paste, garlic, brown sugar, and water to thin it out and provide the right consistency.
HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE ROLLS
Remove the collard green stems and cut the leaves in half. Then, bring water to a boil in a saute pan. Blanch the leaves for 20 seconds, and set them aside to dry.
Cut the cabbage, sweet peppers, carrots, and celery into matchsticks.
Now it’s time to assemble the roll-ups. Add a small portion of each vegetable to the collard green leaf.
Then, roll it into a cylinder-shape.
Cut off the end of the roll-up and set it aside.
Combine the ingredients for the peanut sauce in a small bowl and serve on a plate with the veggie rolls-ups.
SEARCHING FOR MORE LIKE THIS?
If you love this recipe, we hope you will try one of these vegetable-centered sides!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
• Cooked Quinoa
• Broccoli Sprouts
• Cooked Rice
I tightly wrap the vegetables in large collard green leaves, which seem to do the trick! In my experience, collard greens are strong enough to keep the vegetable rolls together. If you’re concerned about the wraps coming apart, you can add a thin layer of hummus before including the vegetables to maintain the structure.
If you’re meal-prepping or planning a big get-together, you can easily make the roll-ups ahead of time and store them in the fridge until you’re ready to serve them.
YOU SHOULD ALSO TRY:
Rainbow Vegetable Rolls with Peanut Sauce
For the Veggie Roll-Ups:
- 4 large collard leaves, stems removed and cut in half
- 3 medium carrots, matchstick
- 3 medium celery stalks, matchstick
- ¼ head purple cabbage, matchstick
- 6 sweet peppers, matchstick
- Remove the collard green stems and cut the leaves in half. Then, bring water to a boil in a saute pan. Blanch the leaves for 20 seconds, and set them aside to dry.
- Cut the cabbage, sweet peppers, carrots, and celery into matchsticks.
- Now it's time to assemble the roll-ups. Add a small portion of each vegetable to the collard green leaf, then roll it into a cylinder-shape.
- Cut off the end of the roll-up and set it aside.
- Combine the ingredients for the peanut sauce in a small bowl and serve on a plate with the veggie rolls-ups.
- The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for professional advice.
- Check out our web story for vegetable rolls!