For a crowd-pleasing appetizer, you’ll love our recipe for Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip; it cooks in one place for an equally fast clean-up. Packed with shredded chicken, spicy buffalo sauce, cream cheese, butter, and tangy ranch- our buffalo chicken dip is tasty and perfectly suits a keto or low-carb diet.
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 3 cans chicken, 16 ounce
- 1½ packages cream cheese, softened, cut into cubes
- ½ stick butter
- ½ cup Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- ½ cup ranch
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, plus more for topping
- scallions, thinly sliced, to garnish
- Add canned chicken, cream cheese, butter, buffalo sauce, ranch, and ¼ cup of the bleu cheese crumbles to an Instant Pot, and stir to combine.
- Add the ingredients to a serving dish and garnish with scallions and bleu cheese crumbles.
- It will add more time, but I think it’s worth it! After the buffalo chicken dip is in the serving dish, I like to stick it in the broiler for 2 minutes before adding the bleu cheese crumbles and scallions as a garnish to get that golden, bubbly goodness.
Check out our web story for Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Chicken: I am a big fan of one-pot meals; hello, fewer dishes. I suggest canned chicken in this recipe (I know, I know, but it’s actually good). You can also use broken-down rotisserie chicken or boil 2-3 chicken breasts if you prefer.
- Cream Cheese: Use softened cream cheese for this recipe, and to ensure the result is thick and creamy, full-fat cream cheese is best.
- Butter: Butter and buffalo sauce are the perfect pair!
- Buffalo Sauce: Cater the heat to your preferences. I use ½ cup most often, but if I need the sauce to be milder, I lower the amount used to ¼ cup. To make the dip spicier, I suggest going with the recommended amount and adding thinly sliced jalapeños or poblanos.
- Ranch: It adds flavor but also contributes to the creamy finish. Use sour cream or Greek yogurt as an alternative.
- Cheddar Cheese: This is buffalo chicken dip; you can never have enough cheese.
- Bleu Cheese Crumbles: Whole bleu cheese crumbles add tang and texture- they also serve as a garnish.
- Scallions: Top the dip with thinly sliced scallions for a nice peppery finish.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
Add canned chicken, cream cheese, butter, buffalo sauce, ranch, and ¼ cup of the bleu cheese crumbles to an Instant Pot, and stir to combine.
Add the ingredients to a serving dish and garnish with scallions and bleu cheese crumbles to serve.
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
What can I serve with buffalo chicken dip?
- Corn Tortilla Chips
- Corn Chips
- Pita or Pita Chips
- Bell Peppers
- Toasted Baguettes
Is buffalo chicken dip keto? Is it low-carb?
For your next party or get-together, Instant Pot buffalo chicken is a great, low-carb alternative that easily fits your keto macros. We took the time to calculate the macros to make it easier. The serving size for these calculations is ½ cup. The calories and fat are high with this recipe, so be sure to consider that in your calculations.
- Carbs – 3 Net Carbs
- Protein – 25g
- Fat – 81g
Can I make buffalo chicken dip in the oven?
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350° and combine ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- 2. Empty the mixture into a baking dish; top with cheddar cheese and bake for 10 minutes.
- 3. Garnish with scallions and extra bleu cheese crumbles to serve.
Can I make this recipe in a Crock-Pot or slow cooker?
- Add the chicken breast, cream cheese, butter, buffalo sauce, ranch, and ¼ cup bleu cheese crumbles to a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5 hours.
- Using a hand mixer or fork, shred the chicken. Then, mix the ingredients, and stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Add the ingredients to a serving dish and garnish with scallions and bleu cheese crumbles to serve.
How long does buffalo chicken dip last in the fridge?
Buffalo chicken dip keeps in the fridge for 3-4 days when stored in an air-tight container.