Cucumber Avocado Tomato Salad
- 6 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 1 package grape, cherry, or medley tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp black pepper, coarse ground
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt,
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- Cut the cucumbers, tomatoes, and cilantro, then add them to a serving bowl.
- Add olive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt, and pepper to the bowl; stir to combine.
- Next, cut the avocado and gently fold them into the salad- careful not to over mix.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Persian Cucumber: Persian cucumbers add the perfect crunch, but use whatever you have on hand.
- Tomato: Use petite tomatoes such as cherry, grape, or medley.
- Cilantro: Cilantro brightens the salad.
- Olive Oil + Lime: Flavor the dressing with olive oil and lime.
- Garlic: I suggest using one clove, but don’t let my recipe tell you how much garlic to use – go for it.
- Salt + Pepper
- Avocado: Use avocado to add creaminess to the salad.
HOW TO MAKE CUCUMBER AVOCADO TOMATO SALAD
Cut the cucumbers, tomatoes, and cilantro, then add them to a serving bowl.
Add olive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt, and pepper to the bowl; stir to combine.
Next, cut the avocado and gently fold the cubes into the salad- careful not to over mix.
Did you enjoy this recipe for fresh salad?
Pair it with one of these tasty favorites from the Jamil Ghar.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I don’t like cilantro; can I use something else?
Sure, fresh dill is a great substitute. If you go this route, I suggest using lemon juice in place of lime to compliment the flavor; parsley is another tasty alternative to freshen up our cucumber avocado and tomato salad.
- Red Onions
- Lemon Juice
Can I make cucumber avocado and tomato salad ahead of time?
Sure, make the salad a day before, but I suggest leaving the avocado out of it. When you’re ready to serve, cut your avocado and fold the pieces into the rest of your salad.
How should I store the leftovers?
Store salad in an air-tight container; I love putting leftover salad in a mason jar for a quick lunch the next day. This salad will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.