Oven Baked Drumsticks– Oven Baked Drumsticks with Peruvian Spices marinate in vinegar and traditional spices like smoked paprika and earthy cumin; whether you’re a fan of Peruvian cuisine or looking to spice up your dinner routine, Peruvian-spiced Drumsticks are a must-try meal that’s ready in 30 minutes!
Oven Baked Drumsticks are perfect for busy weeknights when you want to whip up a tasty meal without spending hours in the kitchen. The combination of vinegar and spices infuses the drumsticks with an irresistible flavor.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Chicken: This recipe is for chicken drumsticks, but use leg quarters, thighs, drumsticks, or a combination if that’s what you have on hand; be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly. The safe internal temperature is 165° F (73° C). I also have a recipe for Peruvian Chicken that includes instructions for roasting a whole spatchcocked chicken with Peruvian spices to feed a crowd.
- Peruvian Chicken Marinade: Flavor the drumsticks with ground cumin, smoky paprika, kosher salt, black pepper, fresh garlic, distilled white vinegar, and olive oil.
HOW TO MAKE OVEN BAKED DRUMSTICKS WITH PERUVIAN SPICES
The full recipe with measurements is in the recipe card below.
Adjust the oven rack to the upper-middle position and preheat the oven to 450° F (232° C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with a wire rack.
Dry the drumsticks thoroughly with a cloth, and set them aside.
Add cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic, vinegar, and oil to a small bowl and stir to combine. Distribute the mixture over the drumsticks using a pastry brush.
Line the drumsticks onto the wire rack. Roast for 20-30 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165° F (73° C). Around the 20-minute mark, start checking the internal temperature of the drumsticks.
SEARCHING FOR MORE LIKE THIS?
If you love this recipe, try one of these Oven Baked favorites!
For details on how to cook the BEST chicken drumsticks, check out our tips for How to Bake Chicken Legs in the Oven.
- Achieve crispy, golden-brown skin on your drumsticks by drying them thoroughly with a cloth before seasoning and baking them. This step is crucial to remove any excess moisture on the surface of the chicken, which can prevent the skin from crisping up properly.
- Insert your food thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken drumstick. The safe cooking temperature for chicken is 165° F (73° C).
- Serrano Crema, Aji Amarillo
- Avocado Cucumber Tomato Salad, Malfouf Salad
- Roasted Potatoes, Thick-Cut French Fries
- Air Fried Plantains
- Grilled Zucchini, Fried Yuka
- Cilantro-Lime Rice, Brown Rice, White Rice
- Vinegar Coleslaw, Homemade Coleslaw with Mint and Cilantro
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Should I alter the recipe if I am roasting a whole chicken?
Use the same marinade, but increase the cooking time since you’re roasting a whole chicken. Here is my recipe for whole, Peruvian Chicken.
MORE DINNER RECIPES:
⭐️ Rate the Recipe
Feedback is Valuable – It helps us improve and update our recipes, so we can provide delicious meals you love. Consider leaving a comment or rating below the recipe card, and feel free to share your adaptations or ask any questions. We cannot wait to hear about what you’ve made.
Oven Baked Drumsticks with Peruvian Spices
- Small Bowl
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, coarse ground
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar, distilled
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Adjust the oven rack to the upper-middle position and preheat the oven to 450° F (232° C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with a wire rack.
- Dry the drumsticks thoroughly with a cloth, and set them aside.
- Add cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic, vinegar, and oil to a small bowl and stir to combine. Distribute the mixture over the drumsticks using a pastry brush.
- Line the drumsticks onto the wire rack. Roast for 20-30 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165° F (73° C). Around the 20-minute mark, start checking the internal temperature of the drumsticks.
Friday 26th of May 2023
These drumsticks are a flavor explosion! The Peruvian spices added a unique and delicious twist to a classic dish. Plus, they were so easy to make, perfect for a quick and satisfying dinner. I'll be making these again and again. Thanks for the fantastic recipe!
Friday 26th of May 2023
Wow, these Peruvian-spiced drumsticks blew me away! The marinade was incredibly flavorful, and the drumsticks turned out juicy and tender. This recipe has definitely become a family favorite. Thank you for sharing this delicious dish!
Tuesday 12th of July 2022
Dinner win for my family! The seasoning was a perfect blend of zest and smokiness; very simple to follow recipe and is now a regular meal for the fam.
Tuesday 12th of July 2022
That's exactly what I love to hear; thanks for giving it a try and making it a part of your dinner rotation.