Do you want to make easy-to-peel hard-boiled eggs? This guide walks you through how to make Instant Pot hard boiled eggs perfectly single time.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Eggs: Depending on the size Instant Pot and trivet, cook half a dozen to a dozen eggs at a time.
- Water: Be sure there to include one cup of water in the Instant Pot to allow the eggs to cook under pressure.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT HARD BOILED EGGS
2. Secure the lid and set it to manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
3. Allow the Instant Pot to release naturally for 5 minutes.
4. Next, add the cooked eggs to an ice bath for another 5 minutes.
SEARCHING FOR MORE LIKE THIS?
If you love this recipe, we hope you will try one these egg-centered meals!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This technique requires three steps- 5 minutes high pressure, 5 minutes natural release, and 5 minutes ice cold water.
Peeling hard-boiled eggs begins with well-cooked eggs! Following the instructions in this how-to guide is your first step toward easy-to-peel-eggs. Begin with the wide end of the egg (the side with the air pocket). Chip the shell and then use your thumb to get under the shell. Slide until you have removed the outer shell; if you’re struggling to remove it, try peeling them in a bowl of cool water.
Hard-boiled eggs are good for up to 7 days in the fridge as long as the eggshells remain intact.
MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES:
- Instant Pot Austrian Goulash – Rindsgulasch
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Instant Pot Chicken Biryani
- Instant Pot Pozole Rojo
How to Make Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- 6-12 eggs
- 1 cup water
- Don’t Overcrowd: Add as many eggs as you would like, but be careful not to stack them too close to one another; this can cause eggs to crack due to movement inside the pressure cooker.
- Web Story: Check out our web story for Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Eggs!