Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs – Do you want to make easy-to-peel hard-boiled eggs? Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs or the 5-5-5 method is the way to go for perfectly cooked eggs every single time.
WHAT IS THE 5-5-5 METHOD?
Cooking hard-boiled eggs in the Instant Pot has become the standard in our home; it yields perfect and easy-to-peel eggs each time. The 5-5-5 technique requires three steps- 5 minutes of high pressure, 5 minutes of natural release, and 5 minutes of an ice-cold water plunge.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Eggs: Depending on the size Instant Pot and trivet, cook half a dozen to a dozen eggs at a time.
- Water: Be sure there to include one cup of water in the Instant Pot to allow the eggs to cook under pressure.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT HARD BOILED EGGS
The full recipe with measurements is in the recipe card below.
Secure the lid and set it to manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
Allow the Instant Pot to release naturally for 5 minutes.
Next, add the cooked eggs to an ice bath for another 5 minutes.
SEARCHING FOR MORE LIKE THIS?
If you love this recipe, try one of these egg favorites!
Whether it’s tempered eggs in a soup like Chikhirtma or creamy Soft Boiled Eggs added to a Ramen, eggs are a perfect addition to any meal. Here are some suggestions for how to eat hard boiled eggs.
- Breakfast Hash, Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- Shoyu Ramen, Vegetarian Kimchi Jjigae, Korean Low Carb Ramen
- Avocado Toast
- Club Salad
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do you peel hard-boiled eggs fast?
Peeling hard-boiled eggs begins with well-cooked eggs! Following the instructions in this how-to guide is your first step toward easy-to-peel-eggs. Begin with the wide end of the egg (the side with the air pocket). Chip the shell and then use your thumb to get under the shell. Slide until you have removed the outer shell; if you’re struggling to remove it, try peeling them in a bowl of cool water.
How long will hard-boiled eggs keep in the fridge?
Hard-boiled eggs are good for up to 7 days in the fridge as long as the eggshells remain intact.
MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES:
- Austrian Goulash
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Instant Pot Chicken Biryani
- Instant Pot Pozole Rojo
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- 6-12 eggs
- 1 cup water
- Secure the lid and set it to manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to release naturally for 5 minutes.
- Next, add the cooked eggs to an ice bath for another 5 minutes.
- Add as many eggs as you would like, but be careful not to stack them too close to one another; this can cause eggs to crack due to movement inside the pressure cooker.
- The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for professional advice.