Mashed Cauliflower – This side dish is easy to make and perfect alongside any main entree. It serves as a tasty low-carb alternative to mashed potatoes, but don’t count it out; it’s a delicious side in its own right. Like mashed potatoes, serve cauliflower mash with Sunday roast, Stew, and Roasted Chicken.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Cauliflower: Break down a head of cauliflower for this recipe; you can also purchase a bag of cauliflower florets or two bags of riced cauliflower to make it easier.
- Heavy Cream: Lending to the creaminess of the mashed cauliflower, heavy cream is a necessary ingredient
- Butter: Just like mashed potatoes, mashed cauliflower is the best buttery!
- Parmesan Cheese: I prefer using freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
HOW TO MAKE MASHED CAULIFLOWER
Boil or steam cauliflower in a sauce pan over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the florets soften.
Taste with salt and pepper, and enjoy!
SEARCHING FOR MORE LIKE THIS?
If you love this side dish, pair it with one of these tasty Dinner favorites!
- Boneless Leg of Lamb Recipe
- Baked Tandoori Chicken
- Bison Steak Recipe
- Scrambled Eggs and Bacon
- Baked Flounder Recipe
- Braised Short Ribs
- Sriracha Salmon
- Chorizo Burrito
- Chili Con Carne
- Beef Bourguignon
- Roasted Chicken
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I make mashed cauliflower in the Instant Pot?
WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVERS
- TO STORE – Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- TO FREEZE – Allow the dish to cool, then add the leftovers to a freezer-safe container or bag. Mashed cauliflower will freeze for 3-4 months. However, the texture may change some because of the dairy. When you’re ready to eat it, defrost the side dish in the fridge overnight.
- TO REHEAT – Warm leftovers on the stovetop or in the microwave!
- TO REPURPOSE – Make cauliflower pancakes or risotto using leftover cauliflower mash.
YOU SHOULD ALSO TRY:
- Healthy Potato Salad
- Vegan Mexican Rice
- Vegetable Chopped Salad
- Avocado Cucumber Tomato Salad
- And more tasty Sides!
- 1 medium cauliflower head, cut into smaller florets
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ½- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, coarse ground, to taste
- The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for professional advice.
- Check out our web story for cauliflower mash.