Our mashed cauliflower is easy to make and the perfect side dish for any main entree. Mashed cauliflower serves as a tasty low-carb alternative to mashed potatoes, but don’t count it out; it’s a delicious side in its own right.
- 1 medium cauliflower head, cut into smaller florets
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ½- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, coarse ground, to taste
- Boil or steam cauliflower in a sauce pan over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the florets soften.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Cauliflower: Break down a head of cauliflower for this recipe; you can also purchase a bag of cauliflower florets or two bags of riced cauliflower to make it easier.
- Heavy Cream: Lending to the creaminess of the mashed cauliflower, heavy cream is a necessary ingredient
- Butter: Just like mashed potatoes, mashed cauliflower is the best buttery!
- Parmesan Cheese: I prefer using freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
Excited to try our mashed cauliflower recipe?
Pair it with one of these meals from the Jamil Ghar!
HOW TO MAKE MASHED CAULIFLOWER
Boil or steam cauliflower in a sauce pan over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the florets soften.
Add salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR MASHED CAULIFLOWER
Can I freeze mashed cauliflower?
Since this recipe includes dairy, I would not advise freezing the cauliflower. Leftovers will store in an air-tight container for up to five days in the fridge.
Can I make mashed cauliflower in the Instant Pot?
- In an Instant Pot, steam cauliflower on manual high pressure for 2 minutes with a quick release.
- Add the cooked cauliflower to a blender or food processor, blend until smooth, then add cream, butter, and parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy.