Chicken, parmesan cheese, eggs, and garlic powder are the building blocks for protein-packed chicken crust pizza with BBQ toppings. It will give you the feel of traditional thin crust pizza without all the carbs!
What You Need to Make This Recipe
- Chicken: For the base of the crust, I love using canned chicken. However, if you prefer, you can also go for cooked and shredded chicken or even ground chicken.
- Parmesan: I include parmesan cheese in the crust of the pizza and it also serves as a topping.
- Egg: Bind the ingredients using an egg.
- Toppings: The BBQ pizza toppings I use are bacon, raw red onion, and more cheese.
Additions and Substitutions
How to Make Chicken Crust Pizza
The full recipe with measurements is in the recipe card below.
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C) and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the chicken onto it and bake for 10 minutes.
Step 2: Remove chicken from the oven and put it in a bowl along with parmesan, garlic powder, and an egg. Then, stir to combine.
Step 3: Increase the oven temperature to 500°F (260°C). Line the baking sheet with new parchment paper and spread the chicken onto it in a circle.
Step 4: Place another sheet of parchment paper on top and roll out the chicken with a rolling pin to about ¼ inch. Remove the top piece of parchment paper and discard.
Step 5: Bake the crust for 8 minutes.
Step 6: Replace the parchment paper and carefully slide the crust onto it. Spread BBQ sauce over the chicken crust and top with cheese, onion, and bacon; bake for another 8 minutes.
Step 7: Let the crust cool for 5 minutes. Then, garnish with cilantro and crumbled bacon to serve!
Here are a few topping combination I love to add to our Chicken Crust Pizza.
- Buffalo Chicken Crust Pizza
- Sugo al Pomodoro + Pepperoni
- Alfredo Sauce + Bacon
- Sausage + Mushroom
- Feta + Kalamata Olives
- Pesto Sauce + Artichoke
- Ham + Pineapple
- Bacon + Jalapeño
- Mozzarella + Tomatoes
What to do With the Leftovers
- Refrigerate – Store the leftovers in an airtight container for 3-5 days.
- Freeze – Let the crust cool completely, then wrap it in a layer of plastic wrap, followed by a layer of aluminum foil.
- Thaw – Defrost the pizza in the fridge overnight.
- Reheat – Reheat leftovers in the oven at 400°F (240°C) for about five minutes!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is this pizza like?
Our chicken crust pizza is crispy, much like a good thin crust. And since the main two ingredients are chicken and eggs, it’s not only tasty but filling! If you’re looking for a more doughy pizza crust, I recommend making a fathead dough recipe.
What is chicken crust made of?
There are several ways to create a delicious pizza crust made out of chicken, but I keep it simple. Get your hands on canned or shredded chicken, parmesan cheese, an egg, and a dash of garlic powder for flavor- that’s all you need!
What kind of chicken can you use?
I use canned chicken, but you can boil and shred the chicken and make it using the same recipe.
Another option is to use ground chicken, but you will need to adjust the cooking process some. Add the uncooked ground chicken to a bowl with parmesan cheese and an egg. Stir to combine, then add the ingredients to a parchment paper in a circle. You don’t need to roll it out just yet, but this helps maintain the form when it comes time to roll. Instead of the first 10-minute bake, cook the chicken mixture for the full 20 minutes, then follow the remaining instructions accordingly.
Chicken Crust Pizza with BBQ Toppings
- 2 cans chicken breast, 5 oz., drained
- ¼ cup parmesan, shredded
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup parmesan or mozzarella ovalines
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup bacon, crumbled
- ¼ cup cilantro, leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (176° C) and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the chicken onto it and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the oven and add it to a bowl with parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and an egg; stir to combine.
- Increase the oven temperature to 500° F (260° C). Line the baking sheet with new parchment paper and spread the chicken onto it in a circle.
- Place another sheet of parchment paper on top and roll the chicken out with a rolling pin to about ¼ inch. Remove the top piece of parchment paper and discard. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Replace the parchment paper and carefully slide the crust onto it. Spread BBQ sauce over the top and garnish with cheese, onion, and bacon; bake for 8 minutes.
- Let the crust cool for 5 minutes. Then, top with fresh cilantro to serve!
- The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for professional advice.