Chicken Crust Pizza – Chicken, parmesan cheese, eggs, and garlic powder are the building blocks for protein-packed Chicken Crust Pizza with BBQ toppings; it will give you the feel of traditional thin crust pizza without all the carbs!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Chicken: I use canned chicken for the base of the crust; cooked and shredded chicken or ground chicken are great alternatives.
- Parmesan: I include parmesan cheese in the crust of the pizza and a part of the crust and serves as a topping.
- Egg: Bind the ingredients for the crust together using an egg.
- Toppings: I stick with tried and true BBQ pizza toppings for this recipe, using bacon, red onion, and extra cheese.
VARIATIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- Mustard BBQ Sauce
- Cheddar Cheese or Smoked Gouda
- Serrano or Jalapeños
- Turkey Bacon
- Pickled Onions
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN CRUST PIZZA
The full recipe with measurements is in the recipe card below.
Preheat the oven to 350° F (176° C) and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the chicken onto it and bake for 10 minutes.
Remove chicken from the oven and put it in a bowl along with parmesan, garlic powder, and an egg. Then, stir to combine.
Increase the oven temperature to 500° F (260° C). Line the baking sheet with new parchment paper and spread the chicken onto it in a circle.
Place another sheet of parchment paper on top and roll out the chicken with a rolling pin to about ¼ inch. Remove the top piece of parchment paper and discard.
Bake the crust for 8 minutes.
Replace the parchment paper and carefully slide the crust onto it. Spread BBQ sauce over the chicken crust and top with cheese, onion, and bacon; bake for another 8 minutes.
Let the crust cool for 5 minutes. Then, garnish with cilantro and crumbled bacon to serve!
SEARCHING FOR MORE LIKE THIS?
If you love this recipe, try one of our other Low Carb meals!
Here are a few topping combination I love to add to our Chicken Crust Pizza.
- Marinara Sauce + Pepperoni
- Buffalo Chicken Crust Pizza
- Alfredo Sauce + Bacon
- Sausage + Mushroom
- Feta + Kalamata Olives
- Pesto Sauce + Artichoke
- Ham + Pineapple
- Bacon + Jalapeño
- Mozzarella + Tomatoes
WHAT TO DO WITH THE LEFTOVERS
- Refrigerate – Store the leftovers in an airtight container; it will keep in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Freeze – You sure can. First, allow the crust to cool completely, then wrap it in a layer of plastic wrap, followed by a layer of aluminum foil.
- Thaw – When you’re ready to eat, defrost it in the fridge overnight.
- Reheat – Reheat leftovers in the oven at 400° F (240° C) for about five minutes!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is this pizza like?
Our chicken crust pizza is crispy, much like a good thin crust. And since the main two ingredients are chicken and eggs, it’s not only tasty but filling! If you’re looking for a more doughy pizza crust, I recommend making a fathead dough recipe.
What is chicken crust made of?
There are several ways to create a delicious pizza crust made out of chicken, but I keep it simple; get your hands on some canned or shredded chicken, parmesan cheese, an egg, and a dash of garlic powder for flavor- that’s all you need!
What kind of chicken can you use?
I use canned chicken, but you can boil and shred the chicken and make it using the same recipe. Another option is to use ground chicken, but you will need to adjust the cooking process some. Add the uncooked ground chicken to a bowl with parmesan cheese and an egg. Stir to combine, then add the ingredients to a parchment paper in a circle. You don’t need to roll it out just yet, but this helps maintain the form when it comes time to roll. Instead of the first 10-minute bake, cook the chicken mixture for the full 20 minutes, then follow the remaining instructions accordingly.
MORE LOW CARB RECIPES:
⭐️ Rate the Recipe
Feedback is Valuable – It helps us improve and update our recipes, so we can provide delicious meals you love. Consider leaving a comment or rating below the recipe card, and feel free to share your adaptations or ask any questions. We cannot wait to hear about what you’ve made.
Chicken Crust Pizza with BBQ Toppings
- Rimmed Baking Sheet or Baking Stone
For the Crust:
- 2 cans chicken breast, 5 oz., drained
- ¼ cup parmesan, shredded
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg
For the Toppings:
- 1 cup parmesan or mozzarella ovalines
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup bacon, crumbled
- ¼ cup cilantro, leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (176° C) and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the chicken onto it and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the oven and add it to a bowl with parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and an egg; stir to combine.
- Increase the oven temperature to 500° F (260° C). Line the baking sheet with new parchment paper and spread the chicken onto it in a circle.
- Place another sheet of parchment paper on top and roll the chicken out with a rolling pin to about ¼ inch. Remove the top piece of parchment paper and discard. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Replace the parchment paper and carefully slide the crust onto it. Spread BBQ sauce over the top and garnish with cheese, onion, and bacon; bake for 8 minutes.
- Let the crust cool for 5 minutes. Then, top with fresh cilantro to serve!
- The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for professional advice.
Friday 26th of May 2023
I never thought I could enjoy pizza guilt-free until I tried this Chicken Crust Pizza. The shredded chicken crust is genius! It's packed with protein and tastes amazing. The BBQ twist adds a delightful tanginess. This recipe is a keeper!
Friday 26th of May 2023
Wow, this Chicken Crust Pizza recipe is a total game-changer! As someone who loves pizza but wants to watch my carb intake, this was the perfect solution. The combination of shredded chicken, parmesan cheese, eggs, and garlic powder created a crust that was not only flavorful but also packed with protein. The BBQ chicken topping added a delightful tanginess that complemented the crust perfectly. I couldn't believe how close it tasted to traditional thin-crust pizza! Thank you for sharing this fantastic recipe, it's definitely going to be a regular in my kitchen now.
Sunday 4th of September 2022
I did this crust but for the topping I made chicken bacon ranch pizza. The crust is perfect for diabetics like me. I used 1 can of chicken, bacon crumbled on top, ranch for the sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese. Yummy
Monday 5th of September 2022
Oh my goodness! I love that you changed up the toppings and made it your own. Maybe Chicken Bacon Ranch needs to be the next recipe on the blog.
Wednesday 10th of August 2022
My guests loved this chicken pizza crust! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Friday 12th of August 2022
Of course. I'm happy it was a hit!
Thursday 4th of August 2022
I was mesmerized by using chicken for the crust, and I am so happy I did. WOW!!! Super delicious and so easy too. Thank you so much for creating this. Love it!
Friday 5th of August 2022
Isn't it a fun way to eat such a classic dish? I am glad you enjoyed it.